8/10/2008

Week in Review: Groceries



Since this was such a good shopping trip this week, I had to take a picture of everything I picked up. My overall spending was $37.15. I've been trying to stay on a budget of $40 a week so I didn't do too bad!! I am so stocked up on meats, pasta and frozen fruits/veggies that I was able to "splurge" on some snacks/junk food for us. Some of the "convenience" items will be saved for Rich to make a quick lunch, for our upcoming zoo trip and for last minute snacks when we are dashing out the door.

Here's what I picked up: 2 gallons of milk, 2 loaves of bread, 2lbs. of bananas, 1.25lbs. of grapes, 1 dozen eggs, 2 bags of Doritos, Pillsbury Frosting, 2 containers of pancake syrup, 6 cans of Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce, 3 Lunchables, Kraft Bacon/Ranch Salad Dressing, 2 Minute Maid Lemonades, 7 jars of Peter Pan peanut butter, 2 boxes of Rice Krispy Treats, 2 boxes of Yogo Bits, 2 boxes of Blueberry Muffin Mini-Wheats cereal, 2 boxes of Eggos, 2 boxes of PopTarts, 2 boxes of Corn Pops cereal, 2 boxes of 12 packs of Keebler cookies, 12 highlighters and 4 bags of BiC pens. And hidden in the very back of the picture is 4 dozen ears of corn, which were included in my total spending amount. (I turned these into 24-12oz bags of frozen corn and left a few ears for lunch/supper later this week.)

As an added bonus, the two boxes of PopTarts had 4 coupons for 4 more items for free! I had saved so much money, that they had to call a manager over to override my total! (To me, this always means that everything was a great STEAL!)

How did your week go?

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your groceries? Where did you do your shopping? We always freeze corn for the winter and enjoy it year round - it's a big project on bagging day, but so worth it for fresh tasting sweet corn all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coupon Geek Here: Thank you!! I did my shopping at Jewel this week. I had an $8/80 coupon and worked it down to next to nothing with all those Kellogg's coupons and Jewel instant deals. I actually checked out twice, as I got a $10 off next purchase coupon. The bagging corn was a big project but looking at it in the freezer today, I'm glad we did it! Thanks for visiting! Stop by anytime!

    ~Jaycie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.