9/08/2008

Simple Steps: Week One Re-Cap


For newbies, click here for prior posts on Simple Steps.

I had meant to get this out yesterday but got a little side-tracked. Here is the Simple Steps: Week One Re-Cap that I promised.

1) Drink 8 cups of water a day. -- I am averaging about 5-6 cups of water but only because I am focusing more on milk for the baby. And I figure, I'm already making enough bathroom trips. :)

2) Walk 20 minutes a day. -- Well, I did about 50% on this one! I did miss my walk on Thursday, Sunday and today but the weather here has been fairly gloomy and rainy and it's hard to motivate myself to jump right into a walking DVD for the first week. But I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Any extra walking is a good start!

3) Clear out (clean) one drawer/cabinet/closet every week. -- I was going to work on Nathan's new room closet but we had a guest over so that didn't work out. I'm hoping to get in a little time with it tomorrow. We'll see how the day goes!

4) Save $2 a day or 1% of your weekly salary/allowance. -- So I debated what to do on this one. $2 a day was a little extreme but 1% was pathetic. So I decided on 10% of my "allowance" would be put aside. I haven't put my limitations on it yet. Do I wait until the end of a year or spend it as something special comes up? I was actually considering saving it until I reached $25 and then turning it into a gift card at one of my favorite stores. Then, at the end of the year, taking my gift cards and going on a fun little shopping spree day.

Well, this is as far as I've come for week one. Week two starts up on Wednesday. Remember, you have to keep up these four, plus the next set of four. If you've opted to only do one or two, then just keep up with those one or two each week.

How did your week go?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.