9/03/2008

Simple Steps: Week One


For newbies, click here for prior postings.

So before we even get started with the 10 week program, give yourself credit for already doing two things. 1) You've bought the book! 2) You've found the motivation to start. You wouldn't believe how big a step finding motivation can be!

Here are the four habits to start for week one. Remember, you'll need to read the details from the book for each one!

1) Drink 8 cups of water a day.

2) Walk 20 minutes a day.

3) Clear out (clean) one drawer/cabinet/closet every week.

4) Save $2 a day or 1% of your weekly salary/allowance. (Since most of you are like me and barely get $2 a day allowance, you may want to go with the 1%!) :)

So this is going to be a fun way to start for me! I really do need the encouragement to get in the necessary water and walking time, being 28 weeks pregnant! Life can get so busy and then it's 10PM and you wonder where your "me time" went for focusing on your own health!

So read up on the details and I'll check back in this weekend and give you an idea of how my week's been going. Anxious to hear from you! Feel free to leave comments throughout the week if you find any great tips for incorporating these into your day.

Also, don't be afraid to have a friend/family member join in with you. I did this with my older sister and Mom and we had so much fun. (They are actually doing it again this time around as a refresher.) The book encourages us to start our own groups/programs. So round up as many of your friends/family as you want!

So Good Luck and remember the most important part...do what you can! If you can only fit in one or two a week, then only do one or two a week. One new great habit is better than none, right? Don't let yourself get down on the days you forget.

On a side note: For those of you whom are in an unsafe walking neighborhood or for those days when it rains, consider the DVD, Blast Away the Pounds: Indoor Walk for your walking time. I am as big of a Denise Austin fan as I am of Dave Ramsey. :) She's a great motivator! (As with all new exercise programs, though, check with your physician before starting.)

Talk to you soon! And have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.