9/05/2008

Week in Review: Groceries


Since I am so stocked up that I am running out of storage space, I went with the "Less is More" approach to groceries this week. I did, however, snag the Pop-Tart deal at Target, as it was too good to pass up. Here's what I got:

Target
4 Boxes of Pop-Tarts
1 Lift-a-Flap Book for Nathan (not pictured)
Total: $8.38. Earned a $5GC and a FREE Children's Book

Jewel
1 1/2lbs. of Grapes
1/2lb. of Bananas
Total: $.37. (Used $3 OYNO Coupon.)

Local Grocery Store
2 Gallons of Milk
Total: $4.04 (Special Store Coupon Price!)

CVS
1 Gallon of Milk (not pictured)
1 Loaf of Bread
2 Johnson's Buddies Soaps
1 CVS Travel Cotton Swabs (my FREE gift)
1 Package of M&Ms (Needed these for next week's $2 TT)
1 Play-Doh Dome Kit (My "filler" item)
Total=$.33. (Used $5.79ECBs)

Papa's Garden
Zucchini
Tomatoes (Not all pictured)
Potatoes
Total: FREE! (Thanks, Papa!)

Grand Total: $13.12 which got me a $5 Target Gift Card, a FREE Children's Book for my nephew, a book and toy for Nathan, some household items, weekly groceries and organic veggies. Not too bad for this week!

How did you do?

Side Note: Get a jump start on the deals for the week of 9/7: Click here for CVS and here for Wags.

Start planning next week's shopping trip now!

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture in your header - what a sweet face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you very much! I am so blessed to have him in my life. He's such a good kid! Keeps me smiling!

    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, papa's garden sounds like the best deal! Fresh food is the way to go for sure - especially when it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,

    Yes, Papa's garden is definitely the place to be in the summertime. I have already told him that Nathan may be a green thumb like him and that we may have to steal some of his time next spring to get ours going.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)
    Jaycie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.