12/12/2008

How Stockpiling can HURT!!

So, yesterday, I was hanging up some laundry and my elbow hit something. Next thing I know, I'm white-knuckled grasping the dryer and tears have popped into my eyes. Two larger cans of evaporated milk had fallen off my storage shelving and BOTH hit exactly on my ankle bone. Talk about massive pain! It took a bit before I could walk on that foot.

So, I'm thinking about using my last $100 of grocery money for the month and then going very lean in January, only buying milk/bread/produce...things that can't be stockpiled easily.

At what point do you quit stockpiling and let your stash dwindle down some? I'm curious for your thoughts here. And do you still buy the "loss leaders?" (Those 3-4 items that are drastically reduced to get you into their store.)

Hoping to hear from you on these. Please leave a comment with how you work your stockpiling system.

4 comments:

  1. I never really QUIT stockpiling. This past year both of our major stores have quit doubling $1 coupons, which has cut down what I get for free & cheap drastically!! So because of THAT, my stockpile has been slowly dwindling. But even with my stockpile (then & now), I go thru it twice a year and take bags & bags to our local FOOD SHARE, who always needs food. If you have too much, Take the older stuff to a food bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on a savings spree over at my house! I only buy what we need and I buy it in bulk when I can. Then I don't buy it again until I need it. Can't say I've ever used evaporated milk, but then, I'm not a baker (Much to my children's disappointment)
    I also try to use only cash on groceries, it keeps me 'good'!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that had to smart but I just keep going as well often we share food because we have many family members who go without

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'd ever stop stockpiling! Of course, I cook for 8 every night, so a stockpile for me would really be HUGE. I'm just starting with all this coupon business anyway so I have a long way to go before I can even say that I have any kind of stockpile anyway. I suppose my view on that may change...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.