6/02/2009

Conveniently At Home: Beef Vegetable Soup


Welcome to my new weekly series called Conveniently At Home. The idea of this series is to slowly transition myself from buying pre-made and/or processed foods and eventually make most of my foods "from scratch." This will be a slow journey but one worth the wait!

This week, I made a Beef Vegetable Soup. Now, since I haven't got to the whole making my own broth lesson yet, (as in, I don't have any made-up/stored yet.) I did use canned broth. But this is definitely many steps above dumping a can of Campbell's or Progresso in a pan. :)

To save room, I put the recipe itself on Bakin Geek HERE.

My Notes:
I found the recipe to be very easy and tasty! I'm not sure I'll ever buy canned b/v soup again unless to donate! One thing I noticed is that after I eat canned soups, I tend to get a headache. I think it's the high sodium content of most of them. That's what I like about making it myself. I can adjust those levels to what suits me best!

That was my homemade recipe for this week. Here's hoping that you've found something new to make from scratch and found that it was Conveniently At Home!

If you made a recipe this week, or have one to share, please leave us a linky!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.