7/23/2009

3 Bloggers and a 30 Day Get Fit Challenge!!


One of the greatest perks of blogging for me is the friendships that I have been making with both my fellow bloggers and my readers. I've also discovered that most things in life are more fun and I hold myself more accountable when I have others joining me in them.

So I asked some of my bloggy friends if they'd like to join me in a fun little adventure in August that we are calling, "The 30 Day Get Fit Challenge!" I was so happy that some were able to join me! Now keep in mind, the world of a blogger can be such a busy one and adding one more thing on can sometimes be difficult. So I am so glad that Lori, of Moms By Heart, and Christy, of Coupon Gal, are going to challenge themselves, as well! These wonderful women have agreed to join me in sharing this challenge with our readers and to anyone else who wants to join us!

Now when it comes to fitness/health, everyone is on a different level. So we are going to leave it up to you on how you want to set up your own challenge. In the end, the challenge is for you to make a committment to focus on yourself for one month to improve your fitness/health. What's great is, all 3 of us are using different ways to exercise and we all have different goals/changes that we've planned for ourselves. So I'll share mine with you! (Make sure and check out Lori's goals/changes HERE and Christy's goals HERE!)

1) I plan on using the 30 Day Challenge for EA Sports Active on the Wii and my Exercise Bike to get in my fitness. Now, even their challenge allows for days off from exercise, so make sure you get some, too! I also plan on getting in more walks with the kids so they can enjoy the outside and get some exercise, too!

2) I am going to try to convert some of my main dishes to healthier versions and seek out healthier recipes, in general.

3) I am going to try to eliminate "junk food" snacking and find healthier alternatives.

These are just the beginning for me. So what's in store for you in August during this month-long challenge? GREAT giveaways on all 3 blogs--one every week in August! Support from us and our readers--so share your stories! Updates each Friday on our progress, setbacks, etc. And a Twitter Party on August 31st to "celebrate" our challenge survival and to all chat about our fun!

So I hope you will join us in our challenge and have some fun with us as we all support each other in our goals! United we can all achieve anything and have fun doing it! So think about what goals you want to achieve and set up your challenge and join in August 1st!!

In the meantime, I will be hosting a giveaway today to kick-off the 30 Day Get Fit Challenge--something that the winner can use to get their own challenge started!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!! I've got my own challenge going for this month and August- I'm turning 30 in September and determined to lose the baby fat! :) I was able to lose 6 lbs last week (only .5 lbs this week) so I'm progressing! I'll be excited to see how you are all doing and join in on your challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. I should do better, but for now, I am happy as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooooo with you! I am starting EA Spots active on Monday!! I had a couple false starts - got sick, hurt my toe, blah, blah , blah - BUT I AM DOING IT THIS TIME!! I am starting a little early because I am on vacation for a week in August!! I may be blogging about it as well SO SIGN ME UP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. joyinliving.blogspot.comJuly 30, 2009 at 6:01 AM

    Wow, this would be a great kick start for me... I just went to ebay and bid on the WII active,I have been looking at it for some time.
    We are wanting to take our son to Disney World in December and I want to be in shape for it and have my extra 20 pounds off. I was diagnosed a Mineres disease last year and I had to change to LOW salt... so sugar has been my new best friend!!! Yuck, I don't even like it and find myself wanting more!!!

    Thanks for your blog,

    Chubbin in AR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in! I'm going to get the EA Sports Active, too. I *so* need this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.