7/02/2009

KIDS! : The New Weekly Series


So here it is. The kids series I promised you that I'd start on Thursdays. I decided to keep the series title simple, since that's my favorite thing about kids--they just enjoy life. Nothing complicated. They are just themselves. I'll break the posting up into four areas each week:

Keepers - Things I found that are worth the money to spend on them (or to check-out from your library)
Ideas for Activities - Just some little things that I've found that's fun to do
Deals - Links to some great bargains I've found/seen
Suggestions/Sharing - Some little tips for parents and/or what we're doing here.

And moving on to the first week! NOTE: I won't always break these up by age but I thought I would for the first one.

KEEPERS

Prenatal
Books - When I found out I was pregnant, I bought and checked out what seemed like every book. But the one I kept refering back to was The Mother of All Pregnancy Books It's simply written and a great reference tool. She also has a Baby and Toddler versions. (I haven't read the last one.)

Clothes - As far as maternity clothes, I loved Target's Liz Lange line and anything from Old Navy. They were reasonably priced and had some style to them.

Baby
Toys - I love the LeapFrog® Learn & Groove Musical Table. It has the option to take the legs off, so younger babies can reach it. When it's set up as a table, it makes a great way for them to play and learn to walk around things. Even Nathan still likes this at 2.5 years old.

Books - My favorite books at this age are the Touch and Feel books like this one HERE. They love to run their fingers over them.

Toddler
Toys - I just found this one and loved it so much that I used my SwagBucks to get one for our nephew for Christmas! Fisher-Price Little People Sing 'n Learn Vehicle. It's everything toddlers love; sounds, compartments to open, places to slide cards in, push-toy, and it talks. Not to mention, that for boys, it's a TRUCK! :) It helps in teaching the alphabet and learning new words.

Books - My favorites to check-out at your library this week? A Mouse in the Marmalade, Wake Up, Sun! (Step-Into-Reading, Step 2), and Counting Colors: Seek & Find.

Older Kids
Toys - It seems like the hot toys for older kids right now are anything Bug related! One of the ones I keep hearing about is the Live Butterfly Garden.

Books - When I was in 3rd/4th grade, every day our teacher would read from Where the Sidewalk Ends. It was one of the first books I bought for Nathan's collection!

IDEAS FOR ACTIVITIES

*Since it's fairly nice weather in most of the States, the best activity I can recommend is an "I-Spy Walk." You walk around your neighborhood pointing out things. You can even switch it up daily, saying, "OK, today we're going to find everything blue!" For the older kids, just use it as quality time together and listening to their day.

*July 4th, Home Depot has another FREE Kid's workshop. Info HERE.

*Also, it's blueberry season in most places! Check to see if there's a local pick-your-own by you! You can try the link HERE to find one. I took Nathan at 1.5 years and he did OK. We froze them for waffles, pancakes, etc for months to come! We are planning a trip in a few weeks.

DEALS

*Enfamil Breast-Feeding Support Kit HERE
*Pull-Ups Potty Print Kit HERE
*$1 off printable for Chiquita Fruit Bites HERE. (Perfect for on-the-go snacks!)
*Toys R Us 3-Day Sale July 2-4th info HERE
*Free Baby Calendar and Hyland's Teething Gel coupon HERE
*Wateroos (water boxes) for $.47 for 4-6packs after gift card HERE
*Free Diecast (think hotwheels!) w/ Reynold's Purchases HERE.
*Veggie Tales DVD for $2.99 shipped HERE.
*One Free week of Stroller Ride Classes HERE.

For more deals, check out Baby Good Buys and Baby Cheapskate.

SUGGESTIONS & SHARING

Weekly Tip for New Parents - If your child seems to grow fond of an item, you may want to consider buying a "back-up" right away. They tend to discontinue baby things, such as binkies, blankets and stuffies quickly. It took me 8 months to find a back-up blanket for Nathan! :)

What are we up to this week? ---Nathan and I are just starting to work on the alphabet and numbers more, as he's mastered colors and shapes. He's big into trucks and tractors, too! Kaydi is working on that last stage of crawling. She should have it soon! And I think tooth #3 is working it's way through, as she's increasingly crabby again! :)

Do you have any great kid's deals, stories, ideas, recommendations? Feel free to share via Mr. Linky or the comments field below the posting. Here's hoping your week with your kids is a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love! I really appreciate it! I love the new series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Thank you for all the great information! As a new parent - this will keep me coming back to your blog! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.