7/16/2009

KIDS! : Weekly Series: 7/16 Edition


In case you are new to Coupon Geek, every Thursday, I do a KIDS! posting with Keepers (Recommendations), Ideas for Activities, Deals and Suggestions/Sharing. Here are the ones for this week:

KEEPERS

Toys/Gear
Handy Manny Activity Table - I was looking for a nice desk for Nathan but they were all sooo expensive. I then found this table and am glad I went this route. It folds up and is easily movable. I can bring it outside if kids are over and we need an extra table to eat at. And I can sit next to him, whereas I couldn't at a desk. (I use a card table chair for me!):) And the table design is sooo cute!!

Playskool Busy Ball-Tivity Center - I picked this up at an amazing price at Christmas for Kaydi. It's a great toy, especially if you have little kids close in age. Nathan and her play together with it all the time.

LeapFrog® Tag Reading System- I've heard great things about this. It's actually already on my list for Nathan for Christmas. Keep your eyes open as the books are on sale at most places now.

Combi Training Teethers - Nathan hated every teether I gave him...except the Combi Stage 1 Teether. Kaydi loves it, too. Trust me, it's been a lifesaver over the last few weeks. :)

Books
Here are some great books to look into checking out at your library or finding on sale.

Someday - This is a beautiful book for any parent and makes a great baby shower gift, too!

Gallop! and Swing! - These are called Scanimation books, as the pictures on the pages move. If you have a child who isn't completely into reading or doesn't sit still very long, definitely check these out! They are perfect! I've bought them as b-day gifts for kids as old as 9 and they've all loved them.

DVDs & TV Shows
Baby's First Impressions 10 DVD Box Set - This is a great bargain with 10 DVDs at $37. I bought these for Nathan when he was 1 and he's been addicted to them ever since. They are great educational tools to go along with what you teach them. His favorites are Shapes, Colors, Sounds and Seasons right now.

Word World - I have to say that this cartoon is pure genius! The characters are all the letters of what they are, example: the dog is the letters D-O-G. They build words, teaching not only spelling but sounds. It's sooo cute and I actually don't mind when I get "priviledged" enough to have to watch it with him. :) It's on PBS at around 11AM CST.

IDEAS FOR ACTIVITIES

-Take a family outing to a minor league baseball game! These are so much fun and most cater towards families with activities for kids. They have a BOGO deal on Tuesdays HERE.

-Check out Borders Spongebob Party this Saturday, July 11th. More details HERE.

-Backyard Camping - There's a great article HERE with ideas for Backyard Camping. This is great if you have smaller kids that wouldn't quite adapt to a normal campground. I'm hoping we can get in a backyard camping this year. (Kaydi and I would make our way inside while the boys camp out!) :) We have a firepit that we need to get some more use out of and I picked up some great Smores deals over 4th of July!

-Fingerpainting w/ Various Tools - Who says you can only fingerpaint with your fingers? Nathan loves using things like chopsticks, popscicle sticks, plastic spoons, etc to finger paint. You can see some of his artwork HERE. I just use canvases I get at Michael's for 50% off. Makes great wall decor in the playroom!

DEALS

-Toys R Us and Babies R Us coupons HERE.

-Free Enfamil Sample and Nursing Gift HERE.

-Free Sample of Goodnite Boxers HERE.

-Free Autographed Disney Character Photo Info. HERE.

-BOGO on Minor League Baseball Tickets HERE.

-FREE Subscription to Baby Talk Magazine HERE. (Bottom Right Side)

-School Sales/Deals HERE, HERE, and HERE.

SUGGESTIONS/SHARING

Weekly Tip For New Parents- It's so cliche to hear how time flies by but it honestly really does. To think that in a little over two years, my first born will be off to kindergarten and I'll be missing out on 8+ hours of his life a day is such a sad thought right now. So despite how they may whine or cry, enjoy every minute while you can.

Sharing - Nathan definitely stepped into that "Terrible 2s" phase, in where they try to test their boundaries. He's a great, great kid. But he's also testing us, too. :) It's nice, though, to think he's growing a little bit independent and becoming his own person. Kaydi's front teeth are pushing through. I was up past midnight getting her to sleep and then spent all morning holding her. I hate her being in pain but I love that she's comforted by me just holding her.

So, how's your week going? Got any stories, deals, recommendations etc to share with me and my readers? Leave us a linky or a comment below the posting. (Looks like Mr. Linky's not working. But feel free to leave a comment with a link to your blog post.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.