10/24/2009

Shopping Warriors



It's been kind of nice taking a little time off from this month from my usual amount of couponing and extensive shopping trip planning. I haven't been running as many big deals and have just been using most of our money on fresh produce and other things I run out of. The time I've been saving I've been using to focus on getting my house organized, which will save me tons of money in the long-run. So I've been using my $250 Dominick's gift card I was given for most of my purchases. And this last week, I've been using what I had budgeted for the month.

This week, I went to Jewel for my groceries. It was conveniently on the way home from my shopping trip and they had some good sale items. Again this week, I focused a lot of my money on fresh produce. Here's what I ended up with:

20 Yoplait Yogurts
4 Hillshire Farm Lunchmeats
1 Fresh Broccoli
3lbs of Granny Smith Apples
Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
5lbs of Potatoes
1 pkg of Celery
1 Gallon of Milk
4 Avocados
2lbs of Bananas
2lbs of Grapes
2lbs of Honey Crisp Apples
1 Spaghetti Squash
Jewel Oatmeal
2 Burritos/Chimichangas
Jewel Sauerkraut
2 Dean's Cottage Cheese
3 Daisy Sour Creams
1 pkg of Thomas English Muffins
1 French Onion Dip

Total = $67.39. I earned 2 FREE Yoplait Yogurts plus I filled up with gas afterwards and saved $.90 off my total just from this trip alone. While it's a little more than I usually spend, I had extra in my budget and I'm OK with spending a little more when it means getting some great fruit and veggies. (Especially during flu season!!)

I still have more money on my Dominick's gift card, which I'll use up next week. I have family in town for Halloween so it will help with our extra meal costs.

Since I rarely show you anything except grocery/household items, I thought I'd share my little personal shopping trip this week. I made a trip to Kohl's to get a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor Low-Cut Shoes. I'd been wanting these for quite awhile and decided to take the plunge and get some since they were on sale this week. While I was there, I picked up a book and kitty for Nathan for $10, along with a pair of gloves for me that were on sale. While I could have earned $10 in Kohl's Cash if I had waited an extra two days, I probably wouldn't have gotten my shoes since they were the last pair in my size. Here's what our trip looked like:



So how did your week go? Were you able to snag any great deals? Share a linky to your direct posting and not your homepage. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Nice score!

    I can't figure out how the linky works or I would contribute. I did 4 transactions, spent $0.62 OOP for $89 worth of items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disregard that, when I reloaded it loaded correctly. I'm not the idiot, my computer/internet is!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.