11/29/2009

6 Weeks of Organization: Final Update


For those of you that are new, here are past postings on this series. Lori and I were laughing the other day saying how we had to wrap up this series because it was turning both our households upside down. We both realized that we are incapable of "just organizing." :) It seems that once we get the rooms straightened out, then we have to paint or rearrange or redecorate, etc. With me, it's almost like once everything gets so organized and neat, I realize how "blah" my rooms really look!

In my last update, I mentioned how I combined my kids' closets into one. That night, I rocked my little girl to sleep and looked around and thought, "Wow! This is a really big room for her!" And that's when it happened. The entire "house flip." Kaydi's room became Nathan's room and vice versa and then I decided that the kitchen table should go into the playroom, the playroom should go into the living room and the living room couch needed to go. And the kitchen? Well, that's another whole series in itself. (It is actually....) I'm so lucky my hubby is so supportive of my crazy ideas!

But I can't drag out a 6 week series any longer. :) So I'm branching off into a different one this spring, after the holidays are wrapped up. I'll tell you more about it later.

Thanks for following along as I try to get my house into a more organized state. It has been a fun journey watching the clutter turn into "clean." Aside from my kitchen, which I haven't organized yet, I can pretty much spend 15-30 minutes a night picking up things and making the house look ready, should any visitors pop over the next day. Eventually we'll get to the point of *everything* has a place and everything in its place. For now, I'm just glad to be rid of most of the clutter! It really does make a difference in my time each day and my stress, too. Tune in for the next project!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.