8/03/2008

$2 Tater Thursdays - Blueberry Picking


So first I have to explain that "Tater" is our nickname for our son, Nathan. Silly how he went from Nate to Nater to Tater but that's how it all happened. :) This week, Tater and I went out on a blueberry picking adventure. I made the mistake of going mid-afternoon, when it was a lot warmer out, but in the end, it turned out to be a good time. Nathan did more digging than picking. But we did end up with a little over a lb. of blueberries. The days' expenses were $1.98 for an hour of fun and making memories! On the tractor ride to and from the bushes, I ended up talking with the same woman. She shared in some blueberry tips and "grandmothered" Tater by cleaning him up on the way back. It was a fun little experience.

So I've come to the idea that every Thursday will be $2 Tater Thursday. I want to try to get Nathan out into the world to experience something new and have some fun but we have to stick to the $2 or less limit. It will be fun to see what things we can come up with! Tune in for next week's adventure!!

On a side note: I did go back on Saturday and picked 4.69lbs more of blueberries. They are frozen and ready for our waffles, cereal or just plain eating alone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.