9/04/2008

$2 Tater Thursdays - The Beauty of Nature Part 1


I woke up to the sound of POURING rain and my first thought was, "Not again!" I had been planning a specific outing with Tater and this would be the third time that I couldn't do it. But then I thought, why not split it into two days?

So we got ready and headed out to Lowe's. I wanted him to pick out any flower/plant that he liked. I steered him towards the perennials and kept asking him if he liked any of them. He suddenly pointed excitedly to one. A White-Swan Coneflower. What a perfect choice! The tag said that it attracted songbirds and I am thinking that it will fit in well in the butterfly garden I have been gradually planting for him. (He's obsessed with chasing butterflies!)

Unfortunately the plant wasn't on sale and I didn't have any coupons (can you imagine?!) but we had money left over from weeks past so I gave in and picked it up for $5.28. So we've used up most of our rolled over money but it will be worth it to enjoy this plant year-after-year. (Hopefully!)

So tomorrow is Part II! Trust me, it's more than just planting it! :) Stay Tuned!

On a side note: When I went to take the picture above, I couldn't figure out why he was laughing. The little goof put a water bottle lid on one of the cones when I snapped the picture! You might be able to see it. He is so silly!

Hope your Thursday was a good one, too!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great picture! I love your boy's hair. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Speaking of nature, that's what his hair is...3 colicks collide making a little mohawk. I can't get it lay down without static! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.