9/22/2008

Plan Your Fall Activities Now!




With the temperatures dropping here, it made me think of fall's arrival. Every year I swear I am going to take a nature walk at one of our State Parks and see all the beautiful changing colors of the leaves.

On top of that, we always say we are going to go apple picking, and wait until the last minute. Last year, by the time we went, it was slim pickings!

So make sure you make your plans now on enjoying the fall nature activities! We've already got ours marked on the calendar! :)

Here's just one link I found for apple orchards in IL, IN, MI and WI.

Does anyone know of a good orchard in IL?

Hope you enjoy your family outings! I'll post pics of ours after we go!

UPDATE: Here are two more links to check out for orchards:
Click here for Ohio and here for a pick-your-own site. Thanks Debbie, Sandy and Jenn for the tips!

Happy Picking!

6 comments:

  1. Years ago when I was involved in "Big Brothers Big Sisters" they had an event in Wauconda (sp?). It was actually a pretty nice orchard from what I remember and didn't seem too far. It's a Northern suburb of Illinois. But, I'll bet if you really look you can find something your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of apple farms in Ohio, too. See:

    http://cleveland.about.com/od/sportsparksrecreation/a/applefarms.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started doing pick your own this year too.. I found a great site that you can search by state then by county to find pick your own places: www.pickyourown.org .

    I agree... if you don't actually PLAN your fall activities...time escapes you and then you've missed out another year! We just started laying out what we want to take the kids to do...and while it seems a little overwhelming when you say "and this weeked X..and THIS weekend...X..and and and".. it is really nice to know what is going on ahead of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie- Great pics of the kids. And you mowed the lawn, too! You are really becoming a Chicago Homemaker! :) Thanks for the tip on the orchard. I'll check it out online!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, thank you for the link for Ohio! I'll post it on the blog! :)

    ~Jaycie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn-
    I know what you mean! I have just got into this freezing stuff and I'm behind already! I think I could fill every weekend in October with some new picking outing. :)

    By the way, I LOVE that site! I found out how to freeze corn there earlier in the year! Thanks for the reminder! I'll post that one, too!

    ~Jaycie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.