9/21/2008

Week in Review: Household Items Trip


So the early bird may get the worm, but I have to remind myself that I am very much pregnant and on top of that, fighting a little cough/cold that started yesterday. I was wiped out after my morning trip! BUT I did get the last Loreal product. Had I not gotten it, it would have messed up my entire transaction/savings! Here's what I ended up with:

CVS-
Transaction #1
Loreal Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle (for a family member)
2 Huggies Wipes
Total = $9.02. Earned $11.99ECB

Transaction #2
Betty Crocker Mini Blender ($3.75!)
Huggies Mega Pack of Diapers
Cottonelle 12pk of TP
Total = $8.42. Used ECBs from above and earned $10 ECBs more. I'm hoping the blender will work for the days I want to quickly make up one batch of baby food!

Wags-
Transaction #1
2 Reach Toothbrushes
Total = $3.35. Earned $5RRs.

Transaction #2
1 Gallon of Whole Milk
Hamburger Buns
Total = $.68 (Used RRs from above.)

Target
Transaction #1
4 boxes of Cheerios
Total = $3.61. Earned $5 Target GC.

Transaction #2
2 Packages of Dog Treats
1 bag of cat food (Used free coupon - for my sister's cat)
1 Reveal 3-way light bulb
1 Star Wars Light-up Yo-yo (stocking stuffer for Nathan)
1 Dry Erase Board
3 pkgs of 5-tab dividers (for a coupon organizer I'm making)
1 2-pk of children's scissors
2 4-pks of Del Monte Chillers (GREAT snacks!)
17 pkgs of 5 1-subject notebooks! (for my nephew in HS)
1 Daily planner
Total = $10.49. (Used $5GC from above)

Grand Total = $35.57 and I still have $10ECBs to spend. Thankfully, these things come out of the Pet/Baby/Household budget. My receipts say I saved over $100! (I never go by that, though. I just base it off of, did I get a lot of what I needed for my money?) I'm also glad I was able to help my family out with some of these items!

I'm off to rest up. I definitely need it! I'm glad my "deal shopping" is done so I can spend the rest of the day and week getting over this cough!

How did you do?

8 comments:

  1. I didn't do nearly as well as I could have. I'm down with the same cold. But I came home from last night's last minute WAGS run with:

    -the sunday early edition paper
    -3 1 liter wags diet sodas
    -1 20oz coke
    -1 pack of oscar meyer hot dogs
    -3 boxes of kraft mac & cheese
    -1 colgate toothpaste
    -1 12 oz softsoap
    -2 ladyspeed stick
    -1 jumbo of huggies
    -2 100ct wags version of excedrin extra strength

    Total oop was $13.48, and was done in 2 transactions. Not bad, especially with the Huggies!

    Feel better soon! It's completely unfair to be pregnant AND have a cold. Total rip off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You got a lot for your money. And like you said, with Huggies, too!

    Yeah, the irony is, I have 10 boxes of Robitussin DM in the closet and I can't use any of them! :) (You can only use Reg. Robitussin when pregnant) But I wouldn't take any anyway. I do my best to go med-free when pregnant.

    Thanks for the get well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did great, shopping at Meijer, Kroger, Target, Wags and CVS- had to restock after our power outage that was 77 hours straight, then back on for half a day, then out again for 6 hours, then back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! WTG!!! I don't know how I got first on MSM. She had had stuff for Wags posted four hours prior to I check it. Then a few minutes later, CVS was up. Can you imagine my excitement (yes I know you can)? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some of those good deals at Target this weekend to... our $1 bins had clearanced items for $0.25 and I got a bunch of stocking stuffers for Christmas...fun lotions and lip gloss...sticy pads..foam paints, toddler silverware... I also got a rolling backpack for my 3yo for Christmas...so he can have his own bag to go on trips...on clearance for $4.48!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 77 HOURS of power outage?! You poor thing! I am nuts after 7 minutes. I don't know how many times I try to turn on the TV or light switches. I sure hope the power stays on for you! I'm so sorry you lost your stock! Our fridge went out this summer and it was devastating!

    ~Jaycie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn-

    Let me tell you, rolling backpacks make GREAT gifts! I made two for my friend's 2yr old twins when their sister was born. (They had to get gifts, too!) I threw in some colors and books and they loved them. Wheeled them all over! And those dollar bins..for $.25..I would have gone nuts! I love the stuff they have in those! Great value for $1!

    Awesome shopping for you! I love to hear stuff like that! Thanks for sharing!!

    ~Jaycie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz-

    Are you guys still battling that cold. :( I sure hope Collin didn't get it too bad! Just had to send you some get well wishes!

    ~Jaycie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.