9/18/2008

Week in Review: Groceries


I was laughing to myself how these pictures have been helping me keep my table cleared off! No more piling up on the kitchen table!

I made three stops to use my RRs and to get some "loss leaders" at the grocery stores. Here's what I ended up with:

Wags
1 gallon of 1% milk (already used some of these!!)
1 gallon of whole milk
2 cans of mushrooms
1 box of nursing pads
Total = $.61 (Used $10RRs). They were out of the Nestle morsels so I got a raincheck. I still have $20 in RRs to spend.

Local Grocery Store #1
1 gallon of skim milk
2 lbs of green grapes
Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice
2 Pillsbury Frostings
1 box of Pillsbury cake
4 cans of Spaghetti Os
3 packages of Taco Seasoning
6 boxes of Taco Shells
1 box of Barilla elbow macaroni

Total = $21.44. I also got two coupons for free taco seasoning out of it. (I use these for Taco Chili)

Local Grocery Store #2
1 carton of eggs
2 boxes of Blue Bonnet Quarters
2 bags of Semi-Sweet Morsels from Nestle (got these for FREE!!)
3.6 lbs of hamburger
4.5 lbs of chicken drumsticks
1 lb of bananas
1.5 lbs of red grapes
1-4lb bag of sugar
Total = $15.83

Grand Total = $37.88. Slightly under the $40 budget

This was a decent week. I was able to get some more meat to keep our supply going strong. (Don't pass up the loss leader sales on meat!) I was also able to start building up my baking supply for cookie time coming up soon! I'm not sure what I'm going to do when grapes aren't on sale anymore. They have been this pregancy's craving! (Nathan's pregnancy was watermelon. I ate four whole watermelons in 1 month!)

How did your week go?

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I craved all kinds of fruit when I was pregnant with Collin. I would have sold a kidney for a watermelon at one point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I know the feeling! I quit eating the watermelon and got a massive migraine. I had Rich pick up another one and it went away. Watermelons are actually good for headaches, I've found out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about stocking up on grapes and freezing them?

    You did awesome, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny that you mentioned that because I was going to research online how well grapes freeze! I didn't know how well they were once they thawed!

    Thanks! It was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.