10/15/2008

Recipe Challenge: Inspired by PB&J?


So seriously, I haven't had a PB&J sandwich in almost two years. I've been craving one lately but I keep forgetting to buy jelly. I finally remembered this afternoon and I indulged myself with one for a late night sugar craving. As I was eating it, I was wishing I knew how to make my own jelly. Ever since I've had some success with other homemade items, it's all I can think about now...wanting to learn more.

SOoo...I am going to challenge myself to learn at least one new recipe a week. I know this doesn't sound like much but I will be juggling a newborn and toddler so this could be quite a task!

Last week, I made crockpot applesauce. And this week, I am going to try these sugared pumpkin seeds. I've got 4 cups of pumpkin seeds dried and waiting! (I have to do some plain salted ones for Rich.)

So, if you feel like joining in the "Recipe Challenge," feel free. All you have to do is commit to trying out a new one every week. It might be fun to share what we've tried each week.

Next summer...I learn to make my own jelly!

Side Note: If you like the recipe card image, I found it here. They have FREE printable shopping lists, recipe cards, to-do lists and gift tags.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I've been LOOKING for that pumpkin seeds recipe..I knew I had seen it somewhere and didn't bookmark it...couldn't find it again (and had some NASTY tries in the meantime)....yippee!!! I have two pie pumpkins we are about to break into so I'll get the seeds out and give it a try!

    Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.