12/14/2009

Chicagolanders: Choo-Choo Johnny's, Great Family Outing



I wanted to take my daughter somewhere fun for her 1st birthday last month. I had remembered hearing about a place called Choo-Choo Johnny's on the radio. (I believe it was Star 96.7?) I found them online HERE and I immediately decided I had to check out the one in Frankfort, Illinois.

We had a blast! My son was excitedly pointing and shouting, "Choo-Choo" throughout the meal and he just thought it was the best when a choo-choo actually brought him his food. When they found out it was Kaydi's birthday, they offered us a free ice cream w/ a candle to celebrate. I ordered some for Nathan as well and, of course, it was delivered by train. Here's a picture of us there on her birthday:



After our meal, we played some games they have there and Nathan was just fascinated by their train set display. It was hard getting him to leave! He had been so good lately that we decided to take them back yesterday and it was just another fun-filled family outing for us.

This is now our new favorite place to go with the kids. Meals are reasonably priced at $6-10 and around $5 for the kids. Most of them include a side and drink. The wait staff is super sweet and the "eatery" itself is just immaculately clean. They don't take reservations so you may want to call ahead to see how busy the counter area is, if you want the train to deliver your food.

I just found out that they also opened their branch in Naperville on Rt. 59. You can check out hours and locations HERE.

As a family with two little kids, it's so hard to find a place to be able to enjoy eating out together but this was just so fun. I hope you are able to check it out, too.

NOTE: This was not a review for them but just something I wanted to share. Yes...I liked it that much! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jaycie; Our boys went nuts for this restaurant! They both thought having a train deliver your dinner would be way cool. :)
    Looks like a ton of fun,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love Choo Choo Johnnies, too! Their grandparents live just down the street from the Frankfort location, so it is a special treat with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww....so cute Jaycie! I'm glad you guys had a great time! I only wish we lived closer so we could go there together with our kiddos :(

    Your Friend,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.