12/08/2009

Magazines Do Arrive!!



I was so excited this last week to get my first issues of the magazine subscriptions that I had ordered through Amazon. Most magazines I try to get for FREE but some of them just never discount that far.

So when I saw that Runner's World, Running Times and Food Network Magazine were on a good deal, I quickly grabbed my gift card codes from SwagBucks and snagged them up!

My nephew is in high school and really getting into running. So I plan on passing those on to him after I read him. After I get all the recipes copied, I will be passing the Food Network magazine on to family and then on to Nursing Homes. I got that idea from some of you readers. (Thank you!) This seems like a better idea to me than to simple just recycle as others get to enjoy them. I've also heard that some libraries will take them to let their patrons take them for FREE or to fill missing back issues. (And *then* they can be recycled.) :)

I was sooo glad to see that the Food Network Magazine, especially was still on a good deal HERE for $10! It will deduct another $5 at checkout, as it's showing $15 on the product screen. I had never flipped through one of these but *loved it* and glad I took a chance when ordering it. It is *packed* full of recipes and helpful hits for "newbie" cooks like me but still looks great for veteran cooks, as well. I really wanted to share this one as I thought it would make a super nice gift for someone. You could print off the cover and put it in with a nice food basket/cook set, in case the subscription doesn't start in time. But truly the simple subscription is a great gift by itself.

Runner's World is at $12 HERE and Running Times is $10 HERE.Those are some of the cheapest prices I've seen on them.

Just thought I'd share in case you were stuck for a gift idea. I loooovvee giving magazines as gifts as they get to enjoy the gift all year long! And to me, magazines are a nice and quick way to just sneak away and enjoy some reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Coupon Geek! I value my readers and their advice, tips and comments. Please remember that Coupon Geek is a positive, family-friendly and upbeat site when leaving your comments.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Blessings to You All!
~Jaycie

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.